Director, Bank Operations
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Plan, organize and oversee day-to-day bank activities including: deposit operations for online and branch delivery systems, branch operations, retail sales and other functions as designated. Develop and manage policies and procedures that support bank operational goals. Assist senior management with strategic planning and setting performance goals. Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure effective controls and banking practices are in place. Lead a team responsible for branch banking operational functions.
Develop and maintain controls in customer deposit accounts, fraud detection, loss prevention and loss mitigation. Resolve operational issues and conflicts. Monitor procedures for third party service providers and submit known production issues to third party vendors for corrective action. Create and maintain operational management reporting, metrics and statistics for all assigned functions. Develop and maintain controls for electronic banking, ACH and EFT areas.
Direct the development and enhancement of deposit and retail products and services including creating workflows, processes and procedures. Prepare and coordinate bank statement and notice processing. Assist with year-end reporting. Work with Cash Control department to balance bank general ledger accounts and investigate and resolve complex case issues involving client deposits. Oversee Check and Automated Clearing House (ACH) reconciliation processes and ensure all checks and ACH transactions are processed within required service quality timeframes. Provide oversight to various customer and system administrative functions including: customer account maintenance, new and closed account review, inactive/dormant/escheat processes, debit card/ATM management, deposit fee income, system workflows for bank platform systems, training for deposit operations systems and retail compliance.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Direct the process related to the selection, hiring, training and development, coaching and counseling of assigned staff.
Banking experience in/with:
- Verafin fraud detection and rule configuration for BSA and AML
- Accounting, auditing, retail banking and retail and/or loan compliance
- Fiserv systems, including Premier Navigator, Premier Teller and Easy Lender
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance Accounting or a related field
- extensive experience in banking operations
- branch and back office deposit operations including bank general ledger operations
- risk management relating to daily processing, escalation of and proposed resolution for issues
- preparing analyses of statistical and financial data
- strategic planning and implementation
- preparing bank statements and notice processing
- investigating and resolving complex client deposit issues
Knowledge and Skills:
- Contact center operations including inbound and outbound call center, email and chat
- banking industry operational standards
- deposit operation standards
- retail banking products
- accounting, auditing, retail banking and retail and/or loan compliance
- loss prevention and loss mitigation techniques
- maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- taking initiative to lead new projects and to resolve potential problems
- work under pressure and ensure response times are adequate
- presenting information to senior management to assist in the decision-making process
- effective communication with all levels of banking and corporate department staff
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top