Direct Home Loan Originator
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Under direct supervision, respond to a wide range of customer inquiries and requests via telephone, online, and lead management in a centralized call center environment. Handle basic transactions. Interact with current and prospective customers, realtors, insurance agents and banking personnel to gather necessary information. Consult with customers in order to: analyze financial and credit data; determine customer financial objectives; suggest appropriate products and services; structure and close basic mortgage loans. Assist in negotiation of terms while working within the strategies and guidelines established by management. Use established procedures to resolve problems. Use sound judgement regarding escalation of issues to manager or senior staff. Ensure that all interactions and activities are accurately executed and consistent with company values and regulatory requirements.
Build effective professional relationships with team members and internal business partners through all channels and across all sites.
Maintain current and emerging knowledge of residential home loan products, training and regulatory changes and requirements as well as departmental and procedure changes. Identify and inform management of emerging trends in the market place.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of the features, benefits, and design of all residential home loan products and services.
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Work irregular hours and overtime as needed. Additional hours may be required during peak periods, early mornings, evenings, and weekends. Schedules are subject to change in order to meet the needs of the business.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must register as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) within six months of hire. The registration must be maintained and updated on a timely basis and renewed annually.
- One year of experience originating residential mortgage and home equity loans
- Home Equity loan originations (HELOCs and closed end Home Equity loans)
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Navigation through, and accessing information from, multiple computer applications
- Managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying them as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Home Equity Lending (HELOCs and closed end Home Equity loans) terminology and practices
- Features, design, and benefits of residential home loan products, services, and platforms
- Use probing techniques to discover needs and objectives and identify appropriate sales opportunities
- Offer comparisons and alternatives to competitor's offerings
- Identify trends in the market place and suggests appropriate products and services to meet clients' needs and objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and their representatives
- Utilize problem solving and conflict resolution skills to resolve client issues and address requests
- Handle stress appropriately while maintaining a high level of performance and diplomacy in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Effectively manage time by prioritizing and planning work assignments, balancing multiple responsibilities, expectations, and objectives while adhering to assigned schedules
- Promptly respond to inquiries from customers, team members, or management
- Assist lower level staff
- Ensure punctual, reliable attendance and adherence to work schedules.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top