Customer Service Representative - Claims **PIPELINE** Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
In order to provide qualified Customer Service Representative candidates for multiple positions, The Auto Club Group keeps a roster of interested applicants. If you are interested and fulfill the minimum requirements, please complete apply
Registration into the Pipeline Roster does not constitute any form of a commitment on the part of The Auto Club Group.
This roster is valid for 6 months. Candidates may be required to re-apply again after 6 months the of initial date of
registration to be considered as an active pipeline applicant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Receive and process telephone calls and service requests from policyholders requesting claims information. Provide basic information to policyholders regarding claims benefits in accordance with the Customer Interaction Model. Navigate through various sources of information (PC, Point of Sale and IPM insurance systems, manuals, call center models, Intranet/Internet, etc.) to respond to policyholder questions in a timely manner. Promote understanding of claims process and procedures. Assist members by taking a basic claim report of loss as appropriate and refer to appropriate individual for follow-up. Provide immediate resolution to policyholder issues or refer to appropriate individual for additional assistance. Promote member satisfaction and provide seamless service to ensure customer service goals and standards are met.
- College level coursework in Business, Marketing, or other related field, applicable professional/technical certification courses or related work experience
- Completion of formal claims training
- Working within a customer service environment
- Working within a call center environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Claim processing including understanding policy/coverage terminology
- Insurance processing
- CPS/IPM/PISCES/FACTS systems
Work in a temperature controlled office environment. Ability to sit for the majority of the work day. Willingness and ability to work irregular shifts, including weekends and/or holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of ACG approved training programs
- Navigating through a P.C./automated processing system
- Reading and comprehending various Customer Care service tools (procedure and/or process manuals, work models, etc.)
- Performing basic mathematical calculations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective listening skills
- Strong oral communication skills demonstrated through use of the customer interaction model
- Strong written communication skills (example may be required at time of interview) needed to respond to members/customers' inquiries in a professional manner
- Complete First Notice of Loss and Customer Care training and certification courses
- Learn and operate all claims systems and systems required to complete work assignment
- Service members according to the Customer Interaction service standards
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Work in a team environment to promote member/customer satisfaction
- Identify and resolve customer service issues/requests or transfer to appropriate Representative
- Respond to member/customer service, information or product requests
- Maintain accurate records
- Accurately enter information and data into computerized system
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top