College Intern - Procurement Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn about the Auto Club Group and assigned business line products and services by receiving training through corporate education and/or on-the-job training. Assignments are based on business line needs, but should encompass professional level work that may include: gathering information, providing analysis and drawing conclusions and/or developing recommendations, conducting department business/system audits, developing reports, performing mathematical calculations for various transactions, selling and servicing of various ACG/affiliated products, etc.
- Must be available during the entire internship period as determined by department
- Project-focused, with specific group assignments and time to work together as a team
- Individual assignments to assist Intern in gaining understanding of the day-to-day aspects of working in the department
- Other program components as determined by department
Post for Buyer Intern :
Researches, negotiates, coordinates and analyzes pricing information for the acquisition of ad-hoc materials, equipment and services for the Auto Club Group (ACG) in accordance with corporate principles and standards of procurement practice. Initiates and maintains supplier relationships. Drives a variety of procurement categories through negotiation, acquisition, maintenance and disposal. Supports the efforts of leveraging the Auto Club Group objectives between ACG, AAA National and other AAA clubs. May serve as project team leader and represents the area in meetings or on project teams as required.
Conducts ongoing research into the availability and quality of various goods and services to reduce costs and improve acquisition methods company-wide. Reviews and analyzes financial information, prepares cost benefit analysis and makes recommendations to management. Provides financial information for cost center and company impact reports. Coordinates the bidding process to ensure cost-effectiveness and adherence to corporate standards. Prepares capital and expense budgets and forecasts for projected acquisition of goods and services. Provides general product knowledge and training to delivery and support system regarding the acquisition of materials, equipment and services.
- Pursuing or has a degree in supply chain management
- Learn and adapt to corporate cultures and processes and provide own relevant and effective experience and best practices
- Be comfortable in an environment where responsibilities are broadly defined, resources are limited, and collaboration is critical to success
- Ability to provide good service to internal and/or external customers
Work Environment :
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. May require ability to travel to offsite locations
College junior or senior in good academic standing, or recent college graduate.
- Providing timely solutions to problems
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Multi-tasking and appropriately prioritizing tasks to ensure meeting business line goals
- Basic math calculations to accurately perform various types of transactions
- Field of study that aligns with assigned business line
Ability to learn the following:
- Acquire knowledge of ACG products, services and functions to perform the responsibilities of assigned job
- Assist internal/external client in response to questions, requests and resolution of problems
- Review records, system files, reports, etc. to ensure correct information is reflected and/or assigned.
- Gather data and prepare/track reports
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Assist and/or develop reports/presentations/recommendations for management review
- Rotate within department/field location to cross-train on various business line functions
- Work independently and on teams
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be technically savvy
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top