College Intern - Insights
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Learn about the Auto Club Group and Insights department (CRM Implementation, Advanced Analytics and Data Integration) products and services by receiving training through corporate education and/or on-the-job training. Objective is to gain an understanding of market research, data analysis and database marketing across multiple lines of business.
Assignments are based on business line needs, but should encompass professional level work that may include: gathering information, providing analysis and drawing conclusions and/or developing recommendations, conducting department business/system audits, developing reports, performing mathematical calculations for various transactions, etc. Example responsibilities:
- Create Excel charts and update PowerPoint decks with new research data
- Create a SAS program to automatically archive data sets based upon pre-defined business rules
- Pull and analyze data from ACG's business intelligence (BI) tools
- Update data dictionaries for customer tables
- Create a customer profile of participants in ACG's car-buying program
- SAS knowledge
- Advanced statistics
- Learn and adapt to new corporate cultures and processes quickly while infusing their own relevant and effective experience and best practices
- Be comfortable in an environment where responsibilities are broadly defined, resources are limited and collaboration is critical to success
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- College junior or senior in good academic standing, or recent college graduate
- Part time - 15 to 20 hours per week
- Paid Internship ($15.00/hour)
- Assignment: Internship will last approximately 9 months
- Location is the Auto Club Group Southern Headquarters at 1515 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33607
- Providing timely solutions to problems
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Multi-tasking and appropriately prioritizing tasks to ensure meeting business line goals
- Advanced math, statistics, and/or computer programming
- Field of study that aligns with assigned business line
Ability to learn the following:
- Acquire knowledge of ACG products, services and functions to perform the responsibilities of assigned job
- Assist internal/external client in response to questions, requests and resolution of problems
- Review records, system files, reports, etc. to ensure correct information is reflected and/or assigned.
- Gather data and prepare/track reports
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- Assist and/or develop reports/presentations/recommendations for management review
- Rotate within department/field location to cross-train on various business line functions
- Work independently and on teams
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be technically savvy
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top