College Intern - Co-Op (Data Research & Analytics) - Tampa, FL | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn about the Auto Club Group and assigned business line products and services by receiving training through corporate education and/or on-the-job training. Assignments are based on business line needs, but should encompass professional level work that may include: gathering information, providing analysis and drawing conclusions and/or developing recommendations, conducting department business/system audits, developing reports, performing mathematical calculations for various transactions, selling and servicing of various ACG/affiliated products, etc. Good performers are eligible to return.
- Must be available during the entire internship period as determined by department
- Project-focused, with specific group assignments and time to work together as a team
- Individual assignments to assist Intern in gaining understanding of the day-to-day aspects of working in the department
- Other program components as determined by department
- Academic experience using SAS to query and analyze large data sets
- Learn and adapt to corporate cultures and processes and provide own relevant and effective experience and best practices
- Be comfortable in an environment where responsibilities are broadly defined, resources are limited, and collaboration is critical to success
- Ability to provide good service to internal and/or external customers
Additional Items to Post for Research & Analytics - Lead Generation Intern
Perform basic data analysis, queries, and data mining using SAS. General understanding of marketing communications, segmentation, and CRM (customer relationship management) best practices.
Develops basic to moderately complex SAS programming code to query, interpret and model proprietary customer data to target and prioritize contact distribution across all outbound communication channels.
Configures data management structures to monitor/measure customer interactions across the CRM continuum. This includes active analysis of direct response, product penetration, and customer engagement data, standardized reporting of CRM metrics and ongoing modifications of CRM models to improve customer response across channels.
Work Environment :
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. May require ability to travel to offsite locations
Post for all College Intern Positions:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Sophomore and/or Junior (determined by department)
- Full-time enrollment - Bachelor's degree program at an accredited college/university
- Must be enrolled in their college/university career development internship program(s)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Providing timely solutions to problems
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Multi-tasking and appropriately prioritizing tasks to ensure meeting business line goals
- Basic math calculations to accurately perform various types of transactions
- Field of study that aligns with assigned business line
- Work from May to August or rotational schedule(s)
Ability to learn the following:
- Acquire knowledge of ACG products, services and functions to perform the responsibilities of assigned job
- Assist internal/external client in response to questions, requests and resolution of problems
- Review records, system files, reports, etc. to ensure correct information is reflected and/or assigned.
- Gather data and prepare/track reports
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Assist and/or develop reports/presentations/recommendations for management review
- Rotate within department/field location to cross-train on various business line functions
- Work independently and on teams
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be technically savvy
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
CynthiaField Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top