Claim Support Assistant II
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provide support to the Claims department by completing functions that require an advanced understanding of claims support functions, concepts, processes and the organization and workflow for one or more Claims lines of business. Work independently with very limited supervision to complete functions that may require: analysis, research, calculations, or the synthesis of information from multiple sources. Review claim documents for accuracy and determine the next action within the process. Complete subrogation demands including processing paperwork and updating claims systems. Manage diary and unauthorized lists. Request information from vendors and customers upon request from adjusters. Update Total Loss evaluations.
Process paperwork for outgoing checks and car travel interruption reimbursements. Investigate stop pay requests for accuracy. Identify and close-out outstanding checks. Review positive pay reports. Research incoming checks for proper allocation and process deposits. Research and verify insurance on newly assigned claims for claim handlers including both personal and commercial lines of business for both APD and Casualty. Prepare and refer APD file to collection vendors on as needed.
May be assigned tasks normally handled by the lower level staff when necessary.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or a related field, or the equivalent in related work experience
Work in a temperature controlled office environment. Willingness to work irregular hours, including various shifts and weekends.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High school education or equivalent
- Completion of ACG approved training program for the position
- Analyzing, researching and resolving administrative problems
- Working with P.C. software applications
- Maintaining accurate files and records
- Operating a calculator
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Maintaining accurate records
- Utilizing a personal computer
- Writing correspondence and memos
Knowledge and Skills:
- Claim processing functions
- Claim processing system
- Claim processing policy and procedures
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Audit records , products and computer files
- Work independently
- Gather data and prepare report information
- Analyze, research and resolve problems
- Work well under pressure
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Prepare claim vendor files
- Communicate effectively with employees, vendors and customers over the telephone and in person
- Use basic math skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top