Claim Representative-Metro Detroit Homeowners
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Independently performs detailed and highly complex claim functions both at the office and at off-site locations. Reviews files, obtains coverage information and contacts insured to discuss claim process, provide emergency funds, etc. Explain laws/regulations regarding home or vehicle repair. Perform physical damage inspections as required. Arrange for vehicle/home inspections, alternate transportation/living expenses, etc. Inspects property and prepares estimate or works with direct repair facilities to obtain necessary information. Analyzes damage and determines whether to repair or replace damaged parts. Recommends usage of aftermarket parts for non-safety related items. Determine value of vehicle in order to settle claim. Obtains necessary medical, accident, legal and police reports to complete files. Work with insured to select contractor as needed. Arrange for repair or cleaning of salvageable items. Ensure the sale of salvage to reduce claim costs. Travels to auto salvage yard and inspects vehicles. Attend vehicle auctions on a rotating basis. Notifies insured of total loss and advises regarding procedures. Authorizes repairs and updates claim diary. Reviews the status of open and closed reserves and makes adjustments consistent with exposures. Authorize checks within authority level. May conduct audits of direct repair facility inspections to ensure accuracy of estimates and adherence to corporate procedures. Reviews files for potential subrogation and completes subrogation forms. Assist in the recovery of corporate claim expenditures from insureds/applicants, uninsured motorists, businesses, other insurers, etc. in accordance with established procedures. May represent company at trials, depositions and settlement hearings. Assists less experienced claim representatives with claims that are more complicated and complex. Assume responsibility for complex files that were previously assigned to other claim representative(s) and/or technical support staff members. Communicate with direct repair shops (DRS) in order to provide/update claim information. Conduct re-inspections as necessary to investigate and evaluate DRS requests for additional repairs, and to evaluate the quality of service provided. Participate in Branch Settlement Support Council Meetings and visit assigned branches and legal department to assist in structured settlement utilization as necessary. Provides after-hour coverage to process claims on a rotating basis.
Completion of the Insurance Institute of America's: General Insurance Program, Associate in Claims, Associate in Management or equivalent.
Subrogation experience in a property insurance company.
Strong negotiation skills.
Experience to include *:
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Proficient in scoping and writing estimates in Xactimate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Organization and planning
- Decision making
- Investigating, evaluating and settling homeowners claims including accurately preparing construction damage estimates
- Inspecting and evaluating construction repairs for quality and compliance with repair estimates
- Coordination and collection of data to handle subrogation opportunities on multiple claims from one event
Basic PC software skills (Word, Excel etc.)
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Climb ladders
- Walk on roofs
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Frequent travel required (60 % of work time) to various repair facilities in order to conduct inspections/re-inspections, visit patients, hospitals, attorneys, rehabilitation centers, repair facilities, etc. per with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Successful completion of basic Claim Representative Training Program or equivalent or ability to obtain within 9 months.
In states where an adjuster's license is required, the candidate must be eligible to acquire a state adjuster's license within 90 days of hire and maintain as specified for appropriate states.
Experience as a Claim Representative, a Public or Private Investigator, or equivalent or a minimum of one year experience as a Claim Associate within identified area (e.g. casualty, auto physical damage, homeowners). Applicants selected from the Claim Associate candidate pool must successfully complete all training required within nine (9) months of hire.
Experience in the investigation, evaluation and settlement of claims to include*:
- Auto no-fault claims including automobile market evaluations and the preparation of auto repair estimates
- Auto PIP/BI
- Homeowner medical and BI
- Boat owner medical and BI
- Homeowner property claims
- Subrogation claims
Experience to include*:
- Evaluating construction repairs for quality and compliance with repair estimates
- Inspecting and evaluating auto repairs for quality and compliance with estimates
- Auto market evaluations
- Preparing manual and electronic auto repair estimates
- Third party collections
- Complex claim investigations
- Negotiation of claim settlements
Investigation experience to include:*
- Securing and evaluating evidence
- Determining the existence of possible criminal actions
- Assisting in the preparation of court proceedings
Knowledge to include*:
- Negligence law
- No-fault law
- Essential insurance act
- The fair trade practices act as they relate to claims
- Auto construction and repair techniques
- Medical terminology and human anatomy
- Building construction and repair techniques
- Criminal law
- Court procedures
- Subrogation procedures and processes
- Intercompany arbitration
Demonstrated skill in:
- Organization and planning
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Written communications to include record keeping and report preparation
- Use automated processing and computer systems, including basic PC software skills
- Effectively respond to questions/concerns
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment, with the Public, law enforcement personnel and vendors
- Safely operate a motor vehicle in order to visit repair facilities, homes (for inspections), patients, etc.
- Develop and conduct training programs on fraud detection in all lines of coverage
- Provide technical expertise to Claims department on suspected insurance fraud
- Independently perform detailed and highly complex injury claim negotiations
- Process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources
- Make decisions based on data
- Communicate decisions to a broad audience
- Research analyze and interpret subrogation laws in various states
- Prioritize work
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
Willingness to travel outside of assigned territory which may involve overnight stay.
Willingness to relocate, work evenings or Saturdays.
Valid State Driver's License.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top