Claim Manager I - Casualty Claims
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for the cost effective administration and operation of general claim teams. Manage teams with respect to assigned products and services. Evaluate team operations, cost effectiveness, efficiency, quality of service, individual and overall team performance. Identify training needs and establish training priorities for department. Coach and counsel team members engaged in providing claim service delivery in Michigan and/or out-of-state areas. Participate in the development/revision of claims training information/programs. Update training materials and practices and ensures distribution to claims personnel.
Manage and administers claim review and auditing functions. Analyze problems relating to products and services and make recommendations for improvement and implements approved method.
Monitor customer service levels to ensure delivery of high quality service. Effectively respond to both internal and external customer inquiries and complaints. Monitor activities of vendors who support claim operations as needed.
Assist the management with establishing short, intermediate and long term goals and objectives. Assist in the development of the budget for the respective team. Review and monitor reports to ensure team operations are within approved budget. Responsible for explaining budget variances.
May manage staff involved in out-of-state losses processed within the State of Michigan and/or in out-of-state locations to ensure adherence to individual state, company and departmental requirements. Develop and manage internal controls in order to audit claim functions. Provide coverage, assistance and support as needed.
Completion of IIA (Insurance Institute of America) or other insurance coursework
Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience in handling claims in multiple states
- Facilitating teams
- Developing, coordinating or delivering training programs
- Basic PC skills
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Travel (up to 30% of work time) may be required with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
College level coursework in Business Administration, Insurance, or a related field or the equivalent in related work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Successful completion of ACG endorsed training programs to include: negligence, coding/reserving, general claim handling and negotiation skills
In states where an adjuster's license is required, the candidate must be eligible to acquire a state adjuster's license within 90 days of hire and maintain as specified for appropriate states.
Experience to include :
- Project planning and management
- PC software applications (e.g., Windows 95 or 3.11 operating systems, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, VISIO)
Knowledge and experience to include:
- Providing assistance and treatment to injury patients
- Medical terminology and human anatomy
- Policy coverage terminology
- Claims processing policies and procedures
- Subrogation procedures
- Investigation and negotiation techniques
- No fault law, fair trade practice act, essential insurance act
- Claims operations and handling procedures
- Claims terminology and processing systems
- Measurement tools for monitoring goal achievement
- Developing, conducting and evaluating claim training programs/materials
- Concepts and principles involving various injury claim procedures
- Claim settlement procedures
- Case reserve management
- Insurance policy provision
- Indications of potential fraudulent activities
Management ability to include:
- Strategic planning
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Organization and planning
- Budget preparation
- Decision making
- Team building
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to all levels of management
- Coordinate activities of team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possession of a valid State driver's license.
- May work long and irregular hours to include weekends and holidays
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top