Business Continuity Analyst
- Dearborn, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 13.5 million members and customers across 14 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports ACG's Enterprise Business Continuity (BC) program by coordinating the development of an enterprise BC program and supporting and fostering the development, on-going maintenance and administration of related BC plans. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) planning, assessment, analysis, reporting, testing, and follow-up for all enterprise stakeholders.
- Developing BC/DR programs assuring that key business operations can be conducted and resumed in face of or following interruptive events.
- Developing BC/DR processes and programs that identify and mitigate likely threats or risks to key business operations and resources (people, property, and systems), as well as key internal and external dependencies.
- Developing policies and procedures that provide consistent and strategic BC/DR direction and oversight for varied programs, and can be audited broadly for compliance.
- Developing collaborative BC/DR strategies, plans and exercises that continually improve the resiliency of the enterprise.
- Reporting, presenting and communicating BC/DR issues and recommendations effectively and routinely.
- Working with BC/DR vendors to leverage third-party resiliency services to augment internal capacities where appropriate.
- Working with various automated software tools to ensure consistent reporting, compliance with enterprise BC standards and programs, and senior leadership direction.
- Related BC certification such as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP).
- Solid foundation in BCP Fundamentals.
- Industry certifications in the areas of Information Security/Systems preferred.
- Understanding of modern business continuity and/or disaster recovery concepts and best practices. Demonstrated understanding in formulating strategies, alternatives and recommendations.
- Understanding of crisis operations, risk management and crisis communication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage tactical (daily) operations and participate in development of strategic program plans.
- Results-oriented person with strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are critical, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze semi-quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical/process requirements, and prioritize tasks.
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science or other related field.
- Experience within the business continuity and disaster recovery disciplines that included
3 or more years of experience implementing and managing enterprise BC solutions/programs and/or work experience in information systems support and administration or risk management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Key disaster recovery skills including recovery gap assessments, development of short-term and long-term disaster recovery strategies on a broad-scale (enterprise, multi-business unit or regional), requirements analysis (BIA/RA), policies, frameworks/templates, testing (simulation and tabletop BC/DR), training, and reporting/compliance.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, including written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with BC standards (e.g., ISO 22301, FFIEC, etc.)
- Development and leadership of high impact projects and programs.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top