The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Serves as a business function expert on one or more teams, representing the operational interests of one or more business units. Identifies various business aspects of projects that may need modification during changes in the project's design and development. Provides guidance/training to other team members/business partners to improve performance. Develops and analyzes data models and reports, and prepares recommendations for management review. Conducts application/technology demonstrations and briefings to various groups and levels of management. Provides expert advice, guidance and counsel to team members/business partners. Leads activities related to conducting complex analysis, evaluating alternatives and making recommendations for innovative and effective business solutions. May lead a team of individuals to complete specific project tasks.
Develops project/business objectives, requirements and cost benefits as projects/business plans are initiated. Updates status of project/business solution to management over the course of the project. Develops, reviews, revises, and updates documentation pertaining to project/business activities (e.g., specification documents, on-line help, testing of processes/product lines, procedures, etc.). Coordinates, develops and defines test strategy/approach for department/project (e.g., unit, system, acceptance testing). Provides expertise and makes recommendations regarding changes/enhancements to applications/technology across multiple business areas. May act as a liaison between assigned department/project and internal and external contacts.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Operations Research, Information Technology or related field.
- PMP Designation
- Related professional or technology certification/designation
- Experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in the use of financial software applications such as APPTIO.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Occasional travel (up to 30% of work time), with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Project coordination and/or leadership experience.
- Business planning and consulting
- Researching, analyzing, identifying and resolving moderately complex to complex business problems
- Participation on project teams
- Developing data models using spreadsheet applications
- Analyzing data models/reports and preparing recommendations form management review.
- Providing guidance to less experience staff/team members
- Preparing written proposals/reports
Knowledge and Skills:
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access ,Visio, MS Project)
- Project management tools (GANTT, Pert charts, Project Professional, MS Project, etc.)
- Planning, organizing and decision making
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of data
- Preparation and presentation of materials
- Achieving stated objectives within designated timeframe
- Explore alternative approaches to existing processes and project objectives
- Perform a variety of concurrent activities
- Work with others in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include report generation and presentation of major reports
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top