Battery Program Specialist
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Under general direction, assist Sr. Manager-Battery Service Operations in maintaining a successful Battery Service program. Maintain working relationships with AAA Auto Club South Fleet Battery Service Providers, independent Battery Service Providers and Club Assist Account Managers. Attend Regional Field staff meetings. Report performance of Regional battery stations and work closely with Field Business Managers to improve Battery Program acumen and improve levels of service. Visit BSP stations on regular basis as representative of ACS Battery Service. Work closely with vendor/partner Club Assist Account Managers and Trainers. Compile, prepare, and maintain a variety of battery-specific performance reports. Maintain and update monthly tester data reports for all Battery Service contractors/providers. Develop reports to pinpoint areas of BSP performance requiring additional support/training to achieve goals of department. Performs Quality Assurance by conducting in-field ride-alongs, vehicle inspections, mystery shopping and working closely with individual Battery Service Techs to maintain high levels of testing performance and integrity. Work on various projects and conducts branch presentations to improve department efficiency as well as continuing to heighten awareness of the Battery Service program.
Primarily office environment with occasional work in field to include shop visits and hands-on training at the Battery Service Tech level.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- Education: Associates degree or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years of administrative or Automotive Service experience preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: ASE Certified A-6 preferred
- Knowledge / Skills: Must be proficient in popular Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word Power Point and other computer based programs as needed. Excellent knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Ability to compose routine business correspondence.
- Ability to calculate and compile numerical material.
- Strong ability to deal effectively with ACS Fleet Management, and independent Battery Service contract station owners and managers. Ability to maintain composure in stressful circumstances. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to exercise logical and efficient judgment in carrying out assignments. Effective relationship management skills.
- Hours of Operation - This position has a work window from 7am – 7pm, Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours. This position requires mostly intrastate state travel approximately 3 – 4 days per week.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top