Bank Credit Risk Analyst
- Dearborn, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 13.5 million members and customers across 13 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop, enhance and maintain credit risk management reporting and tools in order to: identify and analyze concentrations of credit, loan exceptions, loan classifications, delinquency, charge-off and recovery, credit quality, risk adjusted profitability, industry sector/product type/geographic exposures and trends, problem credits of consumer or home loan portfolios. Handle a range of simple to complex assignments. Prepare dashboard and ad-hoc reporting for senior management and/or regulatory compliance as needed.
Use thorough understanding of statistical analysis techniques to develop and implement models and analytics which leverage risk-related information to support consumer or real estate lending business strategies and expansion, and satisfy various regulatory requirements. Create, enhance and maintain financial/statistical models for portfolio analytics purposes such as credit limit setting, loss forecasting, allowance for loan and lease losses, loan stress testing, CECL, capital allocation and etc. Prepare thorough documentation that satisfies the Banks' model analytics standards, audit requirements, and the Bank's regulators.
Participate and contribute to periodic reviews of credit risk policies, procedures and committee governance structures. Continually assess and implement automation of reporting and portfolio analytics. Implement and maintain functional solutions or applications related to portfolio credit metrics. Develop and track forward looking credit risk metrics based on national macroeconomic data as well as internal data. Complete other projects and initiatives in support of broader Credit Administration goals.
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Accounting
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Accounting
- Five years of banking or related work experience in Credit, Risk Management, Corporate Treasury or Corporate and/or Line-of-Business Finance
- Extensive experience with advanced Excel functions such as Macro and VBA
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough statistical analysis of underlying data requiring regression and time series analyses, and understanding of risk factors that impact the credit quality of portfolios.
- Strong understanding of quantitative credit risk modeling (e.g., PDs, LGDs, EADs, vintage analysis, migration matrices, etc)
- Strong understanding of portfolio credit metrics such as limits, expected and unexpected loss, capital allocation, etc.)
- Excellent quantitative and financial modeling and analytical skills, including statistical/mathematical programming experience using SAS and/or R
- Solid oral and very good written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics to multiple levels higher and lower in the organization and to synthesize quantitative results and qualitative factors into conclusions suitable for executives and regulators
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top