The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Perform consumer, mortgage and other bank collection activities for junior level to moderately complex accounts. Monitor and participate in delinquent loan review functions to include: monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, delinquent loan monitoring, generating collection letters, collection calls, negotiating and developing repayment plans. Refer more complex accounts to Collections Manager. Make recommendations to manager regarding bankruptcies, collections and foreclosures. Work with repossession vendors to secure repossessed or foreclosed property as assigned. Prepare accounts for liquidation of repossessed collateral which could include both automobiles and homes. Interact with collections agency as needed.
Assist collections management by recommending changes to department policies, functions, or bank procedures. Prepare detailed reports, and summaries.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
- working with manual and automated accounting and cash processes
- working with automated collection systems and call environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- knowledge and use of banking technology
- knowledge of The Auto Club Trust Bank operations and procedures
- knowledge of The Auto Club Trust operations, products and services
Works primarily indoors in a temperature controlled office environment. On occasion may throughout the state and out of state regional locations.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Management or a related field or two years of related work experience.
- Experience in mortgage collections
- Experience in consumer collections
- analyzing and problem solving
- team work and decision making
- evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of systems and business processes
Knowledge and Skills:
- knowledge of collections terminology
- bank products and services related to collections, bankruptcies and foreclosures
- collections operations and handling procedures
- problem identification and resolution techniques
- banking compliance environment
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- prepare and present written and oral reports to management
- analyze, organize and present facts, evidence and related material effectively
- understand complex accounting processes across multiple departments
- work independently with minimal supervision
- identify and resolve moderately complex problems
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top