Auditor Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
- Dearborn, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs assigned financial, operational, and compliance audits of AAA Michigan policies, procedures, and controls to determine the adequacy of established systems and the extent of compliance. Performs independent analyses of current systems and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and internal control requirements. Documents audit findings and prepares reports for management presentation. Recommends improvements to existing systems and processes. Prepare written audit programs and audit reports for all levels of management. Provides input to the risk assessment process.
Assists in the planning, research and development of new audits to determine adherence to procedures, internal controls and accuracy of management data. Suggests revisions of procedures as appropriate.
May investigate and determine causes of irregularities and errors as directed by Audit management. Recommends corrective changes necessary to assure proper and adequate internal controls.
Represents Internal Audit on corporate project teams to provide input on internal control issues.
Helps to promote a strong corporate control environment by working with management to increase awareness of business risks and control concepts.
- CPA/CIA/CFE - Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Occasional (less than 10% of work time) travel required to various branch locations with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Accounting/auditing/business line operations
- Researching, analyzing, identifying and resolving moderately complex to complex business problems
- Participating on project teams
- Analyzing business processes and preparing recommendations for management
- Preparing written proposals/reports/plans
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of audit techniques and control concepts
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access ,Visio, ACL, MS Project)
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of data
- Strong written communication skills to include technical report writing (a writing sample will be required at the time of interview).
- Learn internal processes and design audit test plans
- Effectively communicate with others in a work environment
- Plan and conduct financial and operation audits with a high level of independence and autonomy
- Conduct financial or operational audits including: e valuation of internal controls and t esting compliance with established policies and procedures
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top