Associate Predictive Modeler Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision design, test, validate and implement pricing, operational and financial predictive models to drive profitable growth, fight fraud and make sound business decisions. Use statistical analysis techniques to conduct data mining, research and analysis. Transform raw data into actionable business information and solutions. Work on smaller-scale, routine modeling assignments while modifying existing models to address and resolve business issues or concerns. Provide technical and quantitative support to formulate, test, interpret validate and maintain mathematical ratemaking models that contribute to meeting business and product line goals. May create visualizations and dashboards of cause and effect relationships and big data sets into user-friendly, easy to understand presentations. Present results and recommendations to internal department management. Use prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems.
Create and maintain detailed documentation of analytics projects. Assist management and actuarial team in improving methods, analysis and data gathering techniques. Develop programs and procedures for users outside of the team.
Continue to build knowledge and skills within assigned discipline. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry research, developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues.
Preferred Qualifications: Education:
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or a related field
- One year of insurance-related statistical/predictive modeling experience
- experience in personal lines Property and Casualty with specific focus on actuarial research
- Predictive modeling in insurance environment
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or a related field
- analyzing requests for information to determine required data
- manipulating data in preparation for modeling exercise
- utilizing, reviewing and documenting internal automated systems, programs and processes
- performing research and statistical analysis to complete assignments
Knowledge and Skills:
- knowledge of PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- knowledge of predictive modeling techniques and principles
- knowledge of SAS, SQL, Python, R or similar data mining application
- solid understanding of programming, database and data mining principles
- demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- plan, organize, gather, analyze and convert data from numerous sources to satisfy reporting requirements and deadlines
- produce and compile reports
- analyze rate revisions and changes on all lines of business
- present information from research and statistical analysis to enhance corporate decision making process
- perform analyses of automated/manual systems and processes
- analyze and solve business problems
- support multiple projects simultaneously and work well in a team environment
- research and utilize new programming and data mining techniques
- make oral presentations to business units
- represent the department on inter-department teams
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment both orally and in writing
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top