The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Serves as a team leader/senior technical team member in the planning, designing, developing, implementing, and/or supporting complex to moderately complex new or revised processes, systems, or networks. Acts as an acknowledged expert in one or more technical specialties and/or mission critical application systems, and provides leadership in design, development and application integration. Ensures functional and technical designs support customer requirements. Develops an understanding of the Auto Club Group business strategy and competitive environment and translate and implements business strategies into technology solutions. Provides a high degree of technical and/or application expertise and design/programming leadership. Assists Security team in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Develops work plans and estimates projects and ensures that project team(s) and/or plan deliverables remain on schedule and budget.
- Experience in an insurance environment or other service industry.
- Rational Unified Process (RUP) development methodology
- Joint Application Design (JAD)/Rapid Application Design (RAD) techniques
- Database modeling
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field.
- 8 years of experience with .Net development using C#, ASP.Net, Web API, MS SQL.
- Previous experience with web applications development and managing professional web sites, including server management, data modeling and integration.
- Experience developing web services and related technologies (JSON, REST, SOAP, XML).
- Native or Xamarin mobile application development in iOS and/or Android.
- Experience working with and programming in a Content Management Systems.
- Solid understanding of OOP and N-Tier architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with SDLC methodologies.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent level of work experience.
- Designing, developing, implementing, or supporting complex to moderately complex information systems
- Building or supporting mainframe or distributed systems
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving complex business/technical problems
- Technology assessment, recommendations and selection
- Providing technical consultation/leadership to project teams
- Staffing, coordinating/leading a large project team or a variety of small project teams
- Budgeting and expense control
- Mainframe, distributed, and/or Web-based system design and development
- Database management systems (e.g.,IMS,DB, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- PC fundamental software tools (e.g. MS Office)
- Programming languages (e.g., COBOL, JAVA, HTML, XML, C )
- Database design
- Project management tools and techniques
- Multi-platform capabilities
- User interaction
- HTML and web development tools
- System development tools (e.g. Endevor, IMS Expert, Xpediter, SQA Team Test, Eclipse)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relational database concepts
- Use cases, object oriented design and programming techniques
- Systems operation practices
- Security and control procedures
- Web server, and ip-level distributed technologies
- Evaluation of a complex system and understand the inter-dependencies between components
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top