Agency Support Center Specialist Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
- Dearborn, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 13.5 million members and customers across 13 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide a high level of customer service and critical problem management to corporate/field employees and Independent Agents across The Auto Club Group ("ACG") footprint. Respond to complex inquiries regarding a variety of ACG business applications, systems and processes.
Work to provide one-call resolution to agents. Research, investigate and analyze complex problems/issues such as requests for coverage reinstatements and policy exceptions. Utilize judgment and available resources in order to offer reasonable solutions and alternatives that stay within company guidelines and manage risk exposure. Provide support to sales and service personnel regarding business rules and processing issues, as needed. When necessary, use a variety of help desk tools, written documentation and phone support to triage/escalate issues and refer rating errors to different business, systems development and processing units. Work seamlessly with other team members (IT, Claims, Underwriting, etc.) to resolve issues and provide accurate information to agents. Contact agents to respond to questions or complaints and follow-up items. Ensure a timely response to prevent delays and callbacks regarding the same issue. Make sure that all interactions positively impact the agent and customer experience and meet or exceed customer quality service goals (e.g. call volumes, quality, documentation etc.). Enter information regarding inquiries into tracking tool for reporting purposes.
Review property/casualty insurance manuals and policy forms and applies underwriting knowledge to clarify rules and guidelines regarding multiple ACG insurance products. Provide tier one and two support for initial diagnosis of problems/issues and acts as a liaison with the Underwriting department to resolve or triage tier three issues. Identify and communicate potential underwriting and product concerns.
Identify opportunities to improve education and communication with the field and across team. Make recommendations for product and process improvements to further develop department and company performance and reduce inefficiencies.
Complete and maintain licensing and continuing education requirements, in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Office of Insurance Regulation. Understand and maintain authorization levels, in accordance with outlined state licensing requirements. Maintain ongoing knowledge of and share best practices with management team/co-workers. Keep current on department issues and serves as an Agency Support Team expert.
- Sales and service portal insurance transactions
- IMS/POS insurance transactions
- Insurance customer call center environment
- Delivering the highest levels of customer service and support to ACG field agents, independent agents and corporate employees
* Use this basic function section only when posting for an Agency support Center Specialist who will be working with Underwriting issues. Willingness to work irregular hours.
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. May require occasional travel, with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes. Willingness to work irregular or additional hours to meet workload demands.
- College coursework in Communications, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field
- Must attain all appropriate State Property & Casualty insurance licenses within 30 days from the start of licensing coursework
- Working within an Insurance customer/call center environment
- Investigating and resolving complex problems
- Investigating and resolving sales related problems
- Providing a high level of customer-focused service
- Navigating through a computer (Windows and non-windows) and mainframe environments including entering and accessing information from multiple applications, programs and screens
- Working with home and/or auto insurance products
- Preparing rate quotations
- Managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying them as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
Extensive knowledge of:
- Company membership services and products
- Company subsidiary products
- Equity and group billing
- Auto and homeowner's insurance terminology and explanation of coverages
- Computer software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Customer Care service standards
- Company insurance products, features and services
*Extensive knowledge of:
- Underwriting policies, procedures, and practices for ACG states
- Property/casualty insurance terminology, contracts, and forms
- Techniques used to deliver the highest levels of customer service & support
- Inspection techniques related to property/casualty insurance
- Ability to:
- Attain and maintain the appropriate licensing as required for any ACG products
- Successfully complete appropriate training relative to all ACG systems
- Demonstrate advanced insurance and product knowledge with a high level of technical skills
- Work independently, with minimal supervision
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate effective use of time management
- Work under pressure and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Achieve service goals and other performance expectations, as defined by management
- Analyze challenging problems and develop effective solutions
- Apply critical thinking and research skills to solve complex issues and billing and rating equations
- Read, comprehend and present clear and concise interpretations/presentations of information in the work environment and with the public (e.g., explain instructions, rules and procedures)
- Demonstrate strong skills in use of PC applications such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and business writing skills. (a writing sample may be required at time of interview)
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top