Software Developer in Test (Android-Calling)
- United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test to come join our Android/Quality/Calling Teams and help drive new features and products through the SDLC. You will be communicating and working with many different teams while always keeping the customer on top of your mind and advocating for exceptional quality. If you are looking for an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself and grow, while using cutting-edge technologies, this is your chance!
What You’ll Do:
- Bring your experience of building frameworks from the ground up and mentor your teammates.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product leads and designers for test scope, strategy and product simulations
- Introduce and instill strong automated testing practices with your teammates.
- Deploy your features to millions of users - your work will have an immediate impact
- Become an important member of a cross-functional team
- Helps us build out our overall test strategy to help support delivering an exceptional product.
- Collaborate closely with other parts of the organization, such as Product and Platform teams
- Write really awesome test code in Java/Kotlin. This can include unit, integration and instrumented tests, along with mocking and dependency injection.
- Leverage your knowledge of Kotlin Coroutines, LiveData, View Models, Android X Test, Junit, Robolectric and Espresso to write automated tests and support product delivery.
- Use your knowledge of Jenkins, Genymotion, Docker, AWS and other CI/CD frameworks and tools to help support the development team.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool stuff who is experienced with mobile testing and debugging of Android applications and familiar with Android development tools such as Android Studio. You are also able to confidently write test code in Java/Kotlin.
- Brilliant Collaborator with 3+ years mobile testing experience while being an exceptional communicator and a diplomatic thinker. You value the success of your team and their mission. You know to get the message across without making heads turn.
- Someone who takes action and ownership and is always thinking about their teammates and how to move the team forward. You want to bring out the best in your teammates and see them succeed. You are comfortable leading, wearing multiple hats and can motivate people.
- Respectfully candid with strong opinions and able to stand their ground. You are independent and a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills but know when to ask for help.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced work environment, high stakes, high reward! You are not risk-adverse, but risk aware instead.
- Resourceful and scrappy with top-notch prioritization skills while also being able to strike a balance between competing priorities. You are a fast learner who has experience leading automation efforts and starting from the ground up. You know how to cut corners without sacrificing quality.
- You are familiar with VoIP Technologies.
- You are familiar with SIP and SIP testing frameworks like SIPp.
- You are familiar with Bazel build tool.
- You are familiar with WebRTC.
- You have experience or can talk about different audio codecs.
- You are comfortable coding in C++.
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top