Senior Software Developer, Backend Calling
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a talented, motivated Calling Platform Developer with a specialty in voice calling, who is eager to learn and is passionate about contributing to our mission.
TextNow's backend team uses cutting edge technologies like cloud computing, Golang, micro-services via gRPC, high performing databases, streaming and queueing. We manage hundreds of millions of user interactions and terabytes of raw data in real-time. We are extending the capabilities of our in-house platform to streamline calling experience into a holistic and refined user experience. As a backend developer, you will gain real world experience in building scalable and high performing systems and in creating an industry leading solution for affordable telecommunications.
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of the calling innovation team
- Design and build new calling-related features for our TextNow users
- Improve call quality
- Improve scalability and performance
- Production problem investigation and resolution
- Maintain and refactor production codebase
- Perform as tech lead in full-cycle product focused project groups
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for Text Now uptime and supporting the application.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with a passion for leveraging Golang, C++ or other strongly typed language
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with good experience working with VoIP
- Someone who takes action and ownership with calling platform products like OpenSIPS or FreeSWITCH
- Respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to focus on working on behalf of our customers
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves working with microservices, REST API, RPC or other client/server paradigms
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute
- Proficient in Golang, C++ or other strongly typed language
- Proficient in cloud computing, preferably experiences in AWS
- Ability to apply design principles and methodologies for building scalable and high-performance backend components
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top