Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for motivated Site Reliability Engineers (SRE's) to own infrastructure, monitoring, logging, ci/cd, reliability and everything in between! You’ll also be working closely with software engineers to set up continuous delivery to ensure quick and smooth feature deployment.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for maintaining and scaling production services and servers for complex and high throughput cloud services (AWS).
- You will improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale.
- Build tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices.
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start.
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for Text Now uptime and supporting the infrastructure.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with experience deploying web apps to cloud infrastructure (AWS, etc.) and working with distributed, service-oriented architecture.
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with 5+ years of professional experience in an operationally focused role, with a preference for DevOps or SRE, with a B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a proven ability to use automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, Docker, etc.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to take action and always be working on behalf of our customer.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience working with open source software (such as MariaDB, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx)
- Experience working with Kubernetes and MySQL databases
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with programming languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top