Senior iOS Developer
- United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for Senior iOS Developers, who have solid experience (7+ years) with architecting and implementing scalable iOS applications, and have successfully worked with teams of highly motivated, collaborative and intelligent developers.
What You’ll Do:
- Write clean, maintainable iOS applications in Objective-C and Swift using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Take full ownership of projects from design to deployment
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and designers
- Deploy your features to millions of users - your work will have an immediate impact
- Become an important member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers who are responsible for building a world-class iOS communication experience.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool stuff with a proven ability at providing input into the architecture and design of a project
- Brilliant Collaborator with 7+ years of software development experience, with a 5+ years working with the iOS SDK.
- Someone who takes action and ownership through the software development lifecycle – from implementation to deployment, and strong ability to diagnose/fix bugs/crashes.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to take action and always be working on behalf of our customer.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves to solve challenging problem and knows how to break out codebase into maintainable and testable components.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute, while setting coding best practices and guidelines for projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong fundamentals - you know your data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Experienced with a variety of iOS frameworks
- An understanding of iOS and Cocoa design patterns, including MVVM or MVP
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with CoreData
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top