Senior Director, Talent
- United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a Senior Director of Talent to lead the growth of our team. In this role, you will be responsible for recruitment success and scaling our teams across all departments. This individual will drive the talent strategy and execution while working closely with the senior leadership team, our hiring managers, and our recruitment team.
What You'll Do:
- Manage, motivate, develop and mentor a team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and performance of the recruiting team.
- Measure, track, and report on all qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate recruiting performance as well as requisition prioritization and business needs.
- Design and direct the recruitment strategies, recruitment processes and procedures, and candidate assessment practices on a frequent basis.
- Own the candidate experience - creating a vision of what it should look like for TextNow as well as developing a plan/process to implement candidate experience and utilizing KPIs to measure.
- Responsible for curating relationships with contingent or retained search engagements.
- Work with executives and management to optimize organizational design and effectiveness.
- Partner with marketing on developing an employment branding initiative and strategy to improve the talent pipeline.
- Create and execute sourcing strategies to attract world-class talent.
- In partnership with HR peers, responsible for creating and improving on a culture where people are the key value driver for the business; leads activities that keep and improve cultural competitiveness as the organization evolves.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit with experience owning the definition of and measurement of a recruitment strategy
- Brilliant, but not a jerk, with a minimum of 10+ years of related talent acquisition in a hypergrowth scaling organization
- Someone who takes action and ownership with proficiency in programs such as recruiting, employee assessment, succession planning, employment branding and recruitment marketing, organizational development, and cultural and organizational change.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals, build trust and to motivate groups and individuals. Proven negotiation and mediation skills. Ability to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter, with well-developed creative problem-solving skills combined with experience working in a consultative manner in a positive and collaborative fashion.
- Resourceful and scrappy, you are adept at managing external service providers to meet objectives and budgets.
- Emotional maturity and ability to effectively facilitate change in an environment where the structure may evolve rapidly.
- Possesses a sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions.
- Ability to influence and advise senior executives and manage senior-level relationships.
- Proven ability to meet time constraints and manage multiple tasks
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top