Senior Director, API Platform and Infrastructure Engineering
- United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
Text Now is looking for a talented and experienced senior engineering leader. You would manage and grow an engineering organization at the heart of TextNow Core Communication Platform. As the leader of our Platform Engineering organization, you will own the scaling and development of a transactional infrastructure supporting a rapidly growing business. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, with regular interactions with the engineering peers and executive leadership, this senior leadership role is focused on enhancing engineering practices and scaling systems as the company continues to rapidly grow.
What You'll Do:
- You have a track record of leading distributed engineering and operations teams.
- You have extensive expertise in complex high transactional systems with high uptime requirements.
- You have experience growing and managing 20+ people teams across multiple geographies.
- You are passionate about high performing engineering culture and operational excellence. You have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers results, focuses on quality and pride in delivery.
- You have expertise with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to translate business deliverables into engineering roadmaps.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team. Focus on the customer and business outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Proven track record of meeting business targets.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool stuff with ownership of technical delivery of the Text Now platform and infrastructure to support current and future business objectives. You will operate and maintain TextNow core services and infrastructure.
- Brilliant Collaborator with the ability to partner with the senior executive team and product leaders to define, deliver, and implement scalable strategies to meet Product launches and business initiatives. You collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a proven ability to help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work.
- Respectfully candid with the ability to lead and grow a team of passionate engineers to join our distributed team. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter Be a leader of a critical part of Text Now’s senior engineering team and contribute to Text Now’s overall engineering strategy and direction.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to guide teams through tech choices in order to deliver resilient, highly available services.
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top