Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected with free phone service. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers' lives.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join the TextNow team. As a Senior Data Scientist, you should be comfortable working in an agile environment, have a "can-do" attitude, work well in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision, and mentor others. Ideally, you should be a self-starter, quick learner, and a great team player.
Join us on our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible).
What You'll Do:
- Build models to address key growth challenges such as audience segmentation, content personalization, and anti-fraud detection. Build and test predictive systems for calculating user propensity traits (e.g. likelihood to perform a given action, churn, lifetime value, etc.)
- Recommend business strategy using deep understanding of data & what drives growth for our business. Frame & communicate recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions made and the rigor employed in the analysis.
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to upper management in support of strategic decision-making.
- Responsible for full cycle development of models from data collection, cleansing, feature engineering, model selection, prototyping, validation to A/B testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance.
- Develop data collection, forecasting, and reporting procedures that instantly highlight business opportunities, flag potential issues, and ease reporting to all business stakeholders.
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain dashboards to surface operational efficiencies and drive decisioning quality.
- Define and evaluate key metrics across the company, understanding what moves them and why.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience extracting, transforming and working with large sets of data
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, optimization, natural language processing, deep neural networks).
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Advanced Python and SQL programming skills
- Self-starter, with ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. Excited and hungry to try new tools and processes to achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and concisely with conviction to all levels of partners.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and a keen eye for detail through thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it.
- Passionate about building delightful products for our customers.
- Experience with designing, analyzing and troubleshooting controlled experiments (causal A/B tests, multivariate tests)
Back to top