- San Francisco, CA
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a Product Analyst who is an important and high impact role at a growing company. You will be a key member of a product development team, helping the team deliver winning products and growth with analytics, data, and creativity. We have opportunities in two key areas right now: growth and monetization. Based on your interest and strengths, you will become a pivotal team member in one of these areas, with room to grow and explore new product and business opportunities over time.
Product Analysts provide quantitative analysis, a strategic perspective and expertise to their teams and the company. You'll be an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help your team make better decisions, telling stories with data, providing meaningful insight and making key recommendations. You will work to effectively turn questions into data analysis and visualizations. You will provide significant recommendations on tactics and strategy. You will also have fun, working on a product that helps millions of people connect for free.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct data analysis and present data visualizations to make business recommendations based on insights. This includes ROI analysis, impact forecasting, test analysis and more.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers on analyses. Create and deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to your teammates and others throughout the organization.
- Iteratively develop and prototype dashboards to automate insights at scale, solving for business priorities and helping to drive team effectiveness. Your dashboards will be critical in helping our teams monitor KPIs and achieve their goals.
- Proactively identify opportunities to help accelerate product development and product effectiveness, based on your own insights and access to data.
- Help your team design experiments that turn hypotheses into actionable insights.
- Become a trusted and sought-after advisor to your team members.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool shit who are experienced with analytical tools, such as SQL, Looker and Tableau and familiar with a/b testing tools such as Optimizely and Leanplum
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with 3-5 years of experience in a role that requires data analysis and/or strategic thinking; Bachelor degree of math, computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with the ability to think creatively as well as analytically. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic ecosystem
- Respectfully candid with a strong interpersonal skill and are able to work cross-functionally in a team environment.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who has experience articulating product questions, querying and analyzing complex datasets. Interest and aptitude in helping solve problems that impact millions of people.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to translate analytical results into business and product recommendations, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong work life blend
· Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
· Employee Stock Options
· Unlimited vacation
· Competitive pay and benefits
· Parental leave top up
· Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.
Back to top