Intermediate/Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, United States
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected with free phone service. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers' lives.
TextNow is looking for a smart, motivated Intermediate or Senior Backend Engineer who is eager to learn, and is passionate about contributing.
TextNow's backend team uses cutting edge technologies like cloud computing, Golang, micro-services via gRPC, high performing databases, streaming and queueing. We manage hundreds of millions of user interactions and terabytes of raw data in real-time. We are extending the capabilities of our in-house platform to streamline calling experience into a wholistic and refined user experience. As a senior backend engineer, you will gain real world experience in building scalable and high performing systems and in creating an industry leading solution for affordable telecommunications.
Join us on our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible).
What You'll Do:
- Be part of larger architecture rewrites
- Design and build new features for TextNow
- Performance diagnostics and tuning
- Production problem investigation and resolution
- Maintain and refactor production codebase
- Perform as tech lead in full-cycle product focused project groups
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for Text Now uptime and supporting the infrastructure.
Who You Are:
- Proficient in Golang or other strongly typed language
- Proficient in cloud computing, preferably experiences in AWS
- PHP, Ruby (Old stack) is a plus as we actively moving away from them
- Ability to apply design principles and methodologies for building scalable and high-performance backend components
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with microservices, REST api
- Experience with telecommunication (calling/messaging) is a major asset
Back to top