Calling Platform Engineer
TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected with free phone service. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers' lives.
TextNow is looking for a smart, motivated Intermediate or Senior Backend Engineer with a specialty in voice calling, who is eager to learn and is passionate about contributing to our mission.
TextNow's backend team uses cutting edge technologies like cloud computing, Golang, micro-services via gRPC, high performing databases, streaming and queueing. We manage hundreds of millions of user interactions and terabytes of raw data in real-time. We are extending the capabilities of our in-house platform to streamline calling experience into a wholistic and refined user experience. As a senior backend engineer, you will gain real world experience in building scalable and high performing systems and in creating an industry leading solution for affordable telecommunications.
Join us on our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible).
What You'll Do:
- Be part of the calling innovation team
- Design and build new calling-related features for our TextNow users
- Improve call quality
- Improve scalability and performance
- Production problem investigation and resolution
- Maintain and refactor production codebase
- Perform as tech lead in full-cycle product focused project groups
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for Text Now uptime and supporting the application.
Who You Are:
- Proficient in Golang, C++ or other strongly typed language
- Proficient in cloud computing, preferably experiences in AWS
- Ability to apply design principles and methodologies for building scalable and high-performance backend components
- Experience with VoIP, SIP protocol is a major asset
- Experience with calling platform products like OpenSIPS or FreeSWITCH is a major asset
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with microservices, REST API, RPC or other client/server paradigms
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario's accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com
Back to top