Tasting Room Lead (4824)
To see what it is like to work at Terrapin Beer Company, please visit our Company page at https://www.themuse.com/companies/terrapinbeer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Brewery Events Business Manager, serves as the Manager on Duty ("MOD") for all regularly occurring tours and other events as directed.
- Adhere to, promote and hold direct reports accountable to all Company policies at all times.
- Responsible for the maintenance, appearance and upkeep of all departmental facilities and equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, draft lines, physical grounds and outside structures/buildings under the scope of the department, retail merchandise space and the Tasting Room.
- Responsible for inventory, placement and merchandising of all retail alcohol.
- Under the direction of the Brewery Events Business Manager, responsible for cost effective, and customer focused, scheduling of all departmental labor hours. This includes scheduling of departmental staff, as directed to, for off-site festivals and events.
- Will be required to be on site for the duration of select Company sponsored large events and festivals throughout the calendar year. Coverage may be required for additional events as determined by the Brewery Events Business Manager based upon operational business needs.
- Responsible for training for both new hires and for ongoing staff training needs. This includes, but is not limited to, departmental skills assessments, bartending and register training, cash handling procedures and State of Georgia registrations for alcohol pouring licenses.
- Continually observe and evaluate departmental process, systems and standard operating procedures ("SOP's") and make recommendations for process improvement(s).
- Adhere to departmental and Company polices and SOP's for cash handling and cash reporting.
- As assigned by management, responsible for departmental administrative reporting and for delivery of such reports by established deadlines.
- Responsible for coordinating delivery of nitrogen, CO2 tanks and kegs for Tasting Room inventory and for ensuring adequate inventory of such for operational business hours.
- Responsible for the weekly cask schedule and coordination of cask production with the Brewing department.
- Must be registered to pour alcoholic beverages in the state of Georgia.
- On a weekly basis, must be able to work varying shifts dependent on operational business needs of the brewery.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and maneuver up to 175lb kegs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
2 year degree in Hospitality & Leisure, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or similar degree program with 1-3 years comparable experience. Or relevant work experience and comparable education.
Must be registered, or able to attain registration, to pour alcoholic beverages in the state of Georgia.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication, and strong leadership skills. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top