Special Events Lead (4819)
To see what it is like to work at Terrapin Beer Company, please visit our Company page at https://www.themuse.com/companies/terrapinbeer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as point-of-contact for parties interested in having either private or corporate events on site at Terrapin. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering all general inquiries in a timely manner, providing costing of goods and services, planning & execution of events and handling all invoices and contracts for such.
- As directed by the Brewery Events Business Manager, serves as point-of-contact for local non-profits and other community outreach groups.
- Under the direction of the Brewery Events Business Manager, serves as the Manager on Duty ("MOD") for all private events, corporate functions, festivals and Tasting Room operating hours as directed.
- Adhere to, promote and hold direct reports accountable to all Company policies at all times.
- Under the direction of the Brewery Events Business Manager, responsible for creating budgets for private events, including marketing spend, and for cost efficient allocation of resources, and other assets, during the execution of events.
- Will be required to work a variable schedule based upon operational business needs and determined by the Brewery Events Business Manager.
- Responsible for assisting in the onsite setup of private or corporate events and available to answer questions when any problems arise during such.
- Will be required to be on site for the duration of select Company sponsored large events and festivals throughout the calendar year. Coverage may be required for additional events as determined by the Brewery Events Business Manager based upon operational needs of the business.
- Responsible for the booking of all musical acts performing at Terrapin and for securing all relevant paperwork prior to their performance(s).
- Responsible for the selection of and scheduling of all food trucks and local vendors appearing at Terrapin and for securing all relevant paperwork prior to their appearance(s).
- Procure all glassware, and other needed equipment, as needed for special events both on-time and within budget(s).
- Responsible for timely communication with the Brewery Events Tasting Room Lead in order to ensure cost-efficient and customer-focused scheduling of labor hours for private and corporate events.
- Continually observe and evaluate departmental process, systems and SOP's and make recommendations for process improvement(s).
- Continually utilize the Company CRM system, and other internal processes, to provide detailed analysis, and scheduling, of private or corporate events occurring for 30-60-90 days in advance.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts that may vary depending on operational needs of the brewery. Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- This position requires frequent travel and may require overnight stay(s) away from the corporate office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
2 year degree in Hospitality & Leisure, Event Planning, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or similar degree program with 1-3 years' experience in an event planning job role. Or relevant work experience and comparable education.
Must be registered, or able to attain registration, to pour alcoholic beverages in the state of Georgia.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication, and strong leadership skills. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
Candidates must have a clean driving record with no restrictions and a reliable source of transportation in line with the Terrapin Beer Company policy. Candidates must also acquire auto insurance coverage in line with the Terrapin Beer Company policy as a condition of employment and are expected to maintain such throughout the course of employment.
Previous event planning experience in similar job capacity with 3-5 years' experience.
Terrapin Beer Company is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top