Regional Sales Manager - Ohio & Kentucky (5154)
This position is to be based in the Greater Columbus, Ohio area and will responsible for covering a territory consisting of Ohio and Kentucky.
To learn more about this position, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page by clicking here.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops quarterly and annual strategic business plan for achieving budgeted sales figures for defined region area.
- Develops promotional strategy for regional area in conjunction with marketing and tour departments for on- and off-premise events and promotions.
- Recommends and implements sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Benchmark business data and sales trends for key accounts and provide monthly recommendations to Area Sales Director, Chain Accounts Director and the VP of Sales & Marketing to aid in execution of the strategic business plan.
- Builds sustainable partnerships at all distributors and key accounts by emphasizing Terrapin Beer Companys brand and product value along with the support staff of the Terrapin home office.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with fellow members of the sales and marketing team. Collaborate with other Regional Sales Managers for cognition of best sales practices that support the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC business model.
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
- Deliver sales, distribution and merchandising goals at all accounts as needed.
- Train and work with Market Representatives in order to fully develop best sales and marketing practices.
- Position requires frequent travel and applicants must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work 8-10 hours shifts and be able to work varying shifts dependent on operational business needs of the brewery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
4 year degree in Business, Marketing or similar degree program with 3-5+ years sales and account management experience in the craft beer or beverage industries.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and strong leadership skills.
Candidate must have considerable knowledge of brewing industry sales and marketing standards, effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and able to work nights & weekends.
Candidates must have a clean driving record and reliable source of transportation in line with the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC auto policy. Candidates must also acquire auto insurance coverage in line with the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC auto policy as a condition of employment and are expected to maintain as such throughout the course of employment.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Preferred Qualifications: 6-8+ years experience with a record of high volume sales to existing accounts and substantial growth in annual new accounts.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top