Part-Time Wastewater Technician - Day Shift
Job Summary : The Part-Time Wastewater Technician - Day Shift is an entry-level, part-time, hourly position within the Terrapin Beer Company Maintenance/Engineering department. This is a skilled level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected. Under the direction of the Brewery Engineer, is responsible for assisting with the daily Wastewater operations as detailed below.
The hours for this position are from 7am - 1pm and require mandatory weekend availability. To learn more about this position, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page by clicking here.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Inspects mechanical components of Wastewater Treatment facility including, but not limited to, pumps, screening and spent grain removal equipment, valves and pressure regulators.
- Assists in performing preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Operate equipment to process spent grain and purify water.
- Record meter and gauge readings and operational data in appropriate logs.
- Assists in the checking and clearing of wastewater reclamation equipment and lines for obstructions.
- Perform facility maintenance including general cleanup of area, organization of area and moving of pallets by powered industrial trucks.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment and have excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 6-8 hour shifts. Must be able to lift 50lbs repeatedly and maneuver up to 175lb kegs.
- Possess basic mechanical abilities with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of Wastewater equipment.
- Work overtime as needed which may require extended shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements :
The ideal candidate would have prior work experience in a water treatment processing or similar job role. Secondary education via a technical college in the fields of Industrial Systems, Water Treatment Processing, Engineering or similar degree programs is preferred.
Or similar work experience and educational attainment.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older. This part-time position is not to exceed 29 hours per week.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company. LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Leah oversees and supports the team that produces Terrapin Beer’s social media campaigns, graphic designs, and merchandising displays.
Back to top