Part-Time Machine Operator - Packaging - Mid-Day Shift (4997)
The shift hours for this position are from 12pm - 6pm and requires mandatory weekend availability. To learn more about this position, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page by clicking here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment and have excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate bottling line equipment including pack-on conveyors, bottle rinser and case packer. Ability to operate depalletizer and other canning line machinery.
- Building 12 packs and trays in preparation for placing finished goods in them.
- Ability to operate forklifts and move finished products & materials through the facility as directed to.
- Follow company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 6-10 hour shifts. Must be able to lift 50lbs repeatedly and maneuver up to 175lb kegs.
- Perform loading and unloading of bottling and kegging components from the packaging & canning lines.
- Possess basic mechanical abilities with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of packaging equipment.
- Work in a loud production environment and flexibility to work all shifts, additional hours and weekends as necessary.
- Must have a flexible schedule and able to work days and weekends of the assigned shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
The ideal candidate would have prior work experience in the brewing or beverage industry in a Packaging job role. Or work experience in a fast paced shipping, manufacturing or similar work setting. Completion of a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Secondary education via a technical college in the fields of Industrial Systems, Manufacturing Operations Technology, Engineering Technology, Electrical Systems Technology or similar degree programs is preferred.
Additional preferred qualifications would entail previous work experience with filters, labelers, packers, sealers, experience in operating a forklift, CIP experience, good mechanical skills and understanding of machinery and a willingness to work on the packaging lines as a part of the packaging team. A passion for, and working knowledge of, the brewing process is preferred.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older. This part-time position is not to exceed 25 hours per week.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company. LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top