Part-Time Brewery Ambassador (5152)
To learn more about this position, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page by clicking here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attentively and proactively deliver exemplary customer service to all tour patrons.
- Observe all Terrapin Beer Company, LLC safety rules and regulations at all times. Continually monitor all customer behaviors to ensure that safety rules and regulations are adhered to by tour guests.
- Complete all daily operational tasks as assigned by either Brewery Events Supervisor or Brewery Events Manager. Perform additional operational tasks as assigned by management staff.
- Continually display a professional demeanor and dedication to working as part of a team in order to ensure that Terrapin Beer Company delivers the best tour & event experience in the craft beer industry.
- Will be required to work select mandatory events throughout the season which will include the following: Hop Harvest, Terrapin Anniversary and other events as they become mandatory.
- Assist the Brewery Events Manager with the maintenance and operations of the Gift Shop.
- As directed by the Brewery Events Manager, assist in the setup and execution of events.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stand and walk for 3-4 hour shifts. Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Running the register and correctly counting/keeping track of cash from purchases.
- Greeting customers and explaining tour & tasting guidelines in line with company standards.
- Pre-tour & private event setup and cleanup of areas which will include but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, wiping surfaces, moving empty kegs, cleaning windows, grounds maintenance and trash disposal.
- Checking ID's and issuing wrist bands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Customer Service—the individual manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety & Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree and a minimum of 21 years of age. Previous customer service, bartending or similar work experiences is highly recommended. Knowledge of craft beer varieties and ingredients is strongly preferred.
Part-time Brewery Ambassador hours will not exceed a maximum of 29 hours per week. Weekly hours are not guaranteed and scheduling is based upon operational needs relative to tour seasons, scheduled events and individual job performance.
Brewery Ambassadors who will be performing bartending duties must be registered to pour alcohol beverages in the state of Georgia. Bartending license must be obtained and current prior to offer of employment as a Brewery Ambassador.
This position requires mandatory availability on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top