Part-Time Assistant Brewer (5148)
To learn more about this position, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page by clicking here.
Essential Job Functions:
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental TEAM environment. Communicates all pertinent batch related information at shift changeover.
- Ability to accurately follow SOP's and understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
- Basic understanding of Brewing and Cellaring processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, fermentation monitoring, general cleaning and sensory analysis.
- Operate both manual and computer automated equipment while maintaining quality standards. Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Monitoring of individual batches and fermentation of individual tanks of beer, records batch performance and raw material quality & performance.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws and accepted business ethics.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the Brewery which may require working extended shifts and Holidays.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times. Practice safe work methods and comply with wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and maneuver kegs that can weight up to 180 lbs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Safety & Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Problem Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
Minimum completion of high school diploma and some coursework towards a degree program in Biology, Food Science (or) Chemistry.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and be a minimum of 21 years of age. Candidate must be able to work under stressful situations unique to the manufacturing/production environment of a fast-paced Brewery.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
This position requires mandatory weekend availability and availability to work evenings during the week.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience as either a Brewer, Cellar Technician, Quality Technician or Packaging Technician in a similar sized or larger brewery or food manufacturing facility.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top