Market Representative - Atlanta/North Georgia (5187)
This position has a sales territory consisting of North Atlanta and Northern Georgia. To learn more about working at Terrapin Beer Company, please click here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute fun and engaging brand interactions for our drinkers, retailers and wholesalers through promotions and events.
- Help execute the Market Plan as set forth by the Regional Sales Manager which includes: volume, targeted account distribution and visibility goals by (distributor) and package.
- Be able to achieve and/or maintain Terrapin Beer Company, LLC's market standards in entire account areas in order to make Terrapin Beer Company, LLC the craft beer market leader.
- Develop "preferred supplier status" with all key accounts by handling all reasonable & cost effective brand support needs in designated areas and also by keeping accounts informed about new products & events at Terrapin Beer Company, LLC.
- Answers all client and distributor inquiries in accordance with company values and expectations.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in designated account areas.
- Assists Regional Sales Manager with tasks necessary to maintain relationships with clients and distributors in order to profitably grow the brand and overall enterprise.
- Know pricing of all Terrapin Beer Company, LLC's products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market.
- Develop market profile target lists, etc…
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events.
- Position requires open availability for all shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service—the individual manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety & Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
This position is an entry-level position requiring a 2 year degree in Marketing, Business, Management or a similar degree program. Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication, and strong leadership skills. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Candidates must have flexible schedule and able to work nights & weekends.
Candidates must have a clean driving record and reliable source of transportation in line with the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC auto policy. Candidates must also acquire auto insurance coverage in line with the Terrapin Beer Company, LLC auto policy as a condition of employment and are expected to maintain as such throughout the course of employment. Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K/Roth retirement plans and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top