Brewing Supervisor (5144)
To learn more about this position, please visit Terrapin Beer Company's Careers page by clicking here.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requires maintaining a safe and secure working environment within the Brewhouse/Cellar department at all times.
- Adhere to, promote and hold direct reports accountable to all company policies at all times.
- Under the direction of the Head Brewer, coordinate unit operations including, but not limited to: Brewhouse, Cellaring and clarification, Packaging, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Shipping & Logistics.
- Ability to accurately write relevant departmental SOP's and demonstrates cognition of specific Brewing terminologies relevant to SOP's.
- Actively participate in the development and ongoing training needs for both employees and departmental process improvement. Responsible for training new hires to SOP's without deviation.
- Responsible for optimizing efficiency in cellar practices, procedures, and technical aspects of brewing operations.
- Displays effective communication on a daily basis with all employees, management, clients and vendors.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate daily and weekly operations reports and submit such to the Head Brewer by communicated deadlines.
- Operate all department manual and computer automated equipment while maintaining both safety and quality standards. Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Under the direction of the Head Brewer, maintain inventory of raw materials, filter media, and all supplies related to CIP, fermentation, filtration, quality control and proper conditioning of all beer.
- Both cognition of and demonstrated ability to trouble shoot electrical and mechanical equipment and quickly implement solutions to departmental operational issues as they occur.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery which may require 12 hour days, overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times. Practice safe work methods and fully comply, at all times, with Company safety policies on the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-12 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. without assistance or accommodation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
2-year degree in Biology, Fermentation Science, Food Science or similar technical degree program plus a minimum of 3 years' work experience. (OR) similar work history with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience and attainment of a Brewing diploma from an accredited Brewing school.
The candidate should possess a strong understanding of all areas of Brewery production and of general business metrics of success. Must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and strong leadership skills.
Candidate must be able to work under stressful situations unique to the manufacturing/production environment of a fast-paced brewery. This position also requires excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous brewery or food production managerial experience. Attainment of a Brewing diploma from an accredited Brewing school.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, profit-sharing, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Terrapin Beer's Employees
Packaging Shift Supervisor
Clay leads a team of six to ten technicians on the packaging floor as they fill cans, bottles, and kegs, packaging everything while adhering to strict and standard safety procedures.
Back to top