Strategic Partnership Manager
TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer "non-recyclable" waste. In over 21 countries, we collect billions of pieces of waste, mostly made up of plastic packaging, which is otherwise destined for landfill or incineration. By collecting coherent waste streams (millions of chip bags, millions of drink pouches, millions of toothbrushes, etc.), we are able to strategically use party facilities to recycle these waste streams into formats that are usable for third party manufacturers.
Our collection business is largely funded by the major consumer product brands of the world (The North Face, Colgate-Palmolive, Proctor & Gamble, etc.), which pay us to operate post-consumer recycling programs. These programs render the brand's previously non-recyclable packaging or products nationally recyclable. TerraCycle also works with the manufacturing facilities and packaging suppliers for these large brands to recycle their post-industrial waste. This results in the collection of millions of pounds of clean material that can be processed and sold into one of many finished product applications.
About the role:
The TerraCycle Strategic Partnerships team is looking for a detail oriented team player to manage the company's relationships with its municipal, corporate and nonprofit partners to provide litter reductions and recycling solutions. This is a unique role for a resourceful and driven individual looking to develop, onboard and manage strategic partnerships on behalf of TerraCycle.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of potential new governmental and nonprofit partners across ranging verticals (ranging from business improvement districts and municipalities to environmental and conservation organizations).
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners and present customized partnership opportunities to current and potential partners.
- Provide and sell litter prevention mechanisms and recycling solutions to current and potential partners, such as litter collection receptacles and promotional materials.
- Navigate partner organization's waste management policies, environmental goals and regulatory requirements.
- Manage partner obligations and opportunities across teams within TerraCycle, including Operations, Legal, PR, Marketing, and R&D.
- Develop and present sales tools and support materials to global TerraCycle teams.
- Supply clean and comprehensive updates to senior TerraCycle team on status of all partnerships.
- BA/BS required
- 1-3 years of experience in business or nonprofit organizations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare clear and concise customer-ready documents
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong strategic and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic work environment
- Able to work with people from different departments, backgrounds and geographic locations
- Experience with account or project management
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as pursuing projects independently
- A strong and motivated approach to pursuing new business connections, creating sales opportunities and working with clients to reach common goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Generous paid time off and one work-from-home day each month
- Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Friday
- Commuter benefits
- Subsidized lunch program featuring local flavors
- Casual work environment
- Open-office space full of local art, a gong and upcycled decor
Send a resume and cover letter with the subject line "Strategic Partnership Manager" to Selah Stivers at [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top