Recycling Supply Chain and Development Manager
TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes and snack wrappers to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfill or be incinerated. TerraCycle promotes a circular economy and a close-loop approach to waste management.
Headquartered outside of NYC and operating in 21 countries (and growing), TerraCycle contracts with some of the top 100 consumer products companies (including P&G, L'Oreal, BIC, Henkel). TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business; it recently received significant notice by the famous business magazine Fortune: http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/change-world-cusp-small-companies/.
In late 2009, TerraCycle began its European operations in the UK, beginning with two waste streams and has since grown to over 50 collection programmes across 12 European markets with over 100,000 consumer locations.
TerraCycle has recently partnered with Suez, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop innovative and differentiating recycling solutions: http://bit.ly/2dDonSA
The company seeks to hire a Recycling Supply Chain and Development Manager to lead the Materials and Solutions team in Europe. This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and the Recycling Supply Chain and Development Manager will report and work closely with both the European General Manager and the Global VP, Material Sales & Procurement.
Role and Responsibilities:
Working with TerraCycle R&D team to develop innovative recycling solutions and then researching and building a supply chain for products and packaging to be recycled within Europe, overseeing the full project from beginning to end:
- On behalf of TerraCycle customers develop a full recycling service for their unique product or packaging.
- In collaboration with TerraCycle's R&D team identify and then research the machinery and equipment required for the specific recycling processes (shredders, extruders etc).
- Source recycling outlets throughout Western Europe predominantly UK and France that will be able to accommodate recycling requirements due to the machinery they use.
- Contact companies directly, discuss process and requirements and negotiate recycling partnerships for specific materials with agreed payment per tonne.
- Qualify and on-board partners by attending on-site trails and agreeing on commercial agreements.
- Manage the transition of new partners to European Operations team.
- Lead on sales opportunities for large volumes of materials and source large material volumes for specific projects
- Lead on regulatory and process controls for European business, identifying and advising on necessary waste legislation for logistics, storage and processing - new processes and all supply chain changes
- Management of large project budgets.
- Manage and support two junior project managers.
- Direct working experience within the waste / recycling industry.
- Project managed / Worked within supply chain - Waste / Recycling.
- Confident negotiator with experience buying and selling within the recycling industry.
- Worldwide / European contacts.
- Experience of waste regulations.
- Experience managing a small team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- Additional European language skill would be a plus
- Willingness to travel within Europe from time to time
Depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
For inquiries, please send your CV, cover letter to Chris Baker, General Manager, TerraCycle Europe at [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top