JOIN ONE OF FORTUNE MAGAZINES "7 World Changing Companies to Watch"
TerraCycle, the world's leader in the collection and recycling of hard-to-recycle post-consumer waste and a leader in green business, is looking to hire a Publicist on a contract basis (with the potential to be hired at the end of the term). The candidate will join the communications team based in Trenton, New Jersey for a high-profile, intensive project beginning in August 2017. The job will include writing and distributing press releases and pitches to media, calling media, reporting results, and other duties to promote TerraCycle's initiatives, programs and services.
At least three years previous PR experience required and experience pitching all levels of media and all media platforms a must. Please be prepared to discuss existing media contacts in cover letter and interview.
Location: Trenton, NJ
Position title: Publicist
Contract Wage: $3,000/month
Start Date: August 1
Duration: 90-day initial period with option to renew and potential for full-time employment
Major duties include:
- Supporting Global Director of Communications and current PR team with high-profile, high-urgency, intensive project
- Drafting and distributing high-quality, effective press releases and pitches
- Phone and email pitching of TerraCycle's story to broadcast/print/online media
- Maintaining reports of media success for internal and external use
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- At least three years previous PR experience and experience pitching all levels of media and all media platforms
- Experience publicizing consumer products, financial news or environmental programs is a plus
- Existing media contacts in any or several of the following categories, environmental, consumer goods, financial, business, luxury, general interest, online news
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A degree in marketing, communications or public relations, or equivalent experience
- Experience with using a media databases a plus
Position reports to Global Director of Communications in New Jersey.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes and candy wrappers to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfills or incinerated. Headquartered in New Jersey, and operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle's clients include scores of the world's largest consumer products companies.
TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business; it recently received significant notice by Fortune: http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/change-world-cusp-small-companies/.
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top