Public Relations Executive (French Speaking)
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, , snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to landfill. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups, industrial sites and a wide variety of other organisations as well as homes. TerraCycle then turns collected waste into a wide variety of materials that are made (by third parties) into new product.
The company seeks to hire a French Speaking Public Relations Executive to develop and execute high quality media campaigns for TerraCycle's French clients as well as support TerraCycle's broader communication strategy across Europe.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and reports to the Head of Communications.
- Maintaining relations with the media relations departments of various brands and customers of TerraCycle
- Manage public relations and act as a spokesperson to the press
- Work closely with the client service and marketing teams to ensure the public relations campaigns are correctly supporting the needs of TerraCycle's clients
- Drafting and distributing high-quality, effective press releases and pitches
- Phone and email pitching of TerraCycle's story and products to broadcast/print/online media sources
- Developing in-depth reports of media success for partners and internal use
- Supporting Head of Communications with the managing and execution of public relations campaigns
- Providing support in regards to TerraCycle various social media communications
- Support other business functions as required, particular where it pertains to specific language skills, this may include:
- Customer service
- Website content and translations
- Marketing and communications translations
- Operations and supply chain
- Fluent in both French as a 1st language and English with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Public relations experience (particularly with French media)
- Experience of managing multiple priorities
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to speak another European language would be beneficial but not essential
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be beneficial but not essential
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
To apply please send you're CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience for the position to Stephen Clarke, Head of Communications, TerraCycle Europe at email@example.com
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top