Part-Time Office Manager
TerraCycle's goal is to eliminate the idea of waste by creating collection and solution systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to landfill. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes. TerraCycle then turns collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials.
TerraCycle was founded in 2001 by Tom Szaky (current CEO), then a 19-year- old Princeton University freshman. Over the past 16 years, Tom's vision has allowed TerraCycle to become one of the fastest-growing green companies in the world. Tom has won numerous awards for his eco leadership and social entrepreneurship.
TerraCycle is looking for an organized, savvy, and energetic person willing to work on an independent contractor basis to take on a Part-Time role as Office Manager who will provide a range of administrative services for the company, as well as professional and personal assistant services for Tom.
Primary responsibilities for the Office Manager include:
- Assisting company with travel bookings
- Administering HR initiatives as they arise
- Administering the company lunch program
- Preparing for company parties and events (on site and in own car)
- Picking up/dropping off documents at government offices in Trenton (in own car)
- Shipping packages, copying, scanning (general office assistance), etc.
- Posting job and internship ads on external sites
- Availability to shuttle team members to the train station (in own car)
- Managing CEO'S contact database
- Tom's personal tasks—
accepting personal deliveries at Tom's house
- Flexible availability
- Get up and go attitude
- Strong computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- A functioning car and valid drivers' license
The position reports to the Executive Team. Regular hours are 12 – 4 Monday – Friday, but the person may be called upon outside of regular hours for odd jobs. The job is located in Trenton, NJ. The office has an open layout, completely designed from upcycled materials. The result is a dynamic space that truly shows our commitment to sustainability and reuse.
All interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter explaining their interest to Liana Scobie, Global Director of Staff and Administration <[email protected]>.
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top