Operations Business Analyst
TerraCycle is a social enterprise that has fallen in love with the concept of garbage. We are determined to eliminate the idea of waste by making it possible to recycle items that are traditionally considered non-recyclable. We are a global pioneer in green business and are the largest processor of flexible packaging in the world. We are currently looking for a self-motivated, results-driven and accountable Operations Business Analyst.
A young and growing company, we operate in 21 countries and have more than 48,000,000 participants in our programs. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including: Staples, L'Oreal, Kraft, Nestle, Proctor & Gamble, British American Tobacco, Colgate-Palmolive and E. & J. Gallo amongst others. We have already achieved significant media coverage and successfully generate more than 17 articles per day globally.
About the role:
We are looking for a polished, highly organized, team-focused Operations Business Analyst to support our operations teams on understanding and analyzing costs for our global business units. Primary responsibilities including cost analysis and cost planning, variance analysis, budget development and financial modeling.
The successful applicant will be experienced and successful in cost analysis and working well with internal departments. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in combining sustainability, business operations and cost analysis in a career by learning the mechanics of TerraCycle's global, unique recycling supply chains. In addition, this role offers international experience including direct support of TerraCycle teams across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular cost analysis to budget including monthly variance report
- Develop and maintain standard analysis reports and present findings to business managers
- Coordinate with TerraCycle's three main business units to understand cost components and ensure the business operates at target margin
- Run monthly forecast and budget analysis to ensure cost and revenue forecast accuracy
- Work with sales team to forecast all costs for incoming revenue
- Develop an intimate working knowledge of TerraCycle's recycling supply chains including vendor
- competencies, costs and overall efficiency.
- Prepare briefs, presentations and analyses of product performance, and make recommendations for
- continuing improvements.
- Develop and implement cost control measures
- Coordinate new business meetings to ensure operational and financial goals are met
- Help to outline and manage implementation of new products, financial processes and operational initiatives.
- BA/BS required in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in cost, financial or business analysis.
- Strong ability to think critically and logically
- Track record of success in business support and/or financial analysis.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear C-level ready
- High-energy team player.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision plans (with partial employer subsidy)
- Generous paid time off
Interested applicants should send resume or CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top