TerraCycle Europe offers 3-6 month volunteer internships on a rolling basis based in our upcycled office in North-West London. The internship is open to undergraduates, graduates or recent graduates with a strong interest in green business, eco-capitalism, upcycling, recycling or social entrepreneurship.
TerraCycle offers a unique opportunity for incredible growth and innovative work. We are looking for people who are dependable, enthusiastic and professional to join us.
Please submit CVs with a cover letter (max 500 words) to email@example.com (with "Intern Application" in the title) outlining what you can contribute to an internship position with us.
Operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle is the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste such as pens, coffee capsules, wrappers, pouches and cigarette butts. We create and administer collection and solution systems for waste that would otherwise be sent to landfill or incineration.
TerraCycle was founded in 2001 by Tom Szaky (then a 20-year-old Princeton University freshman) whose vision has become one of the fastest-growing green companies in the world.
You will carry out some or all of these support tasks depending on your skills, experience and interests
- Support the creation and adaptation of marketing and PR materials such as press kits, press releases and posters
- Help to keep updated a Press List and follow up on the journalists on this list
- Gain experience in planning and implementing social media strategies for facebook and twitter
- Support with customer service (web based and over the phone)
- Learn about and support projects related to the activity of TerraCycle in the UK and Ireland.
- Research tasks to support logistical recycling
- Support with the search of logistic partners
- Recently graduated or working towards a business or environmental related degree
- Strong aptitude for communications and a good understanding of the internet and social media
- Methodical with a good level of attention to detail
- Flexibility, ability to multitask, able to work independently and exercise initiative
- Enthusiastic team player and positive attitude, able to integrate in our small team in London as well as with a virtual team in the US.
- Interest in environmental issues
- Some IT skills
Please note, all internships are carried out on a voluntary basis. We also encourage you to continue seeking employment and organise your involvement so that you can be available for interviews and/or paid work within 24 hours notice.
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top