Logistics and Supply Chain Associate (French Speaking)
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to landfill. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups, industrial sites and a wide variety of other organisations as well as homes. TerraCycle then turns collected waste into a wide variety of materials that are made (by third parties) into new product.
The company seeks to hire a French Speaking Logistics and Supply Chain Associate to coordinate all aspects of day-to-day freight shipments at TerraCycle and support the management of the warehouse and fulfillment partners. TerraCycle has a network of facilities all over Western Europe and moves freight shipments regularly from various customers and recycling sites. The Logistics and Supply Chain Associate is responsible for scheduling, paperwork, regulatory and coordination to ensure loads ship and deliver on time, as well as supporting the day-to-day operations at warehousing locations.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and reports to the European Operations Manager.
- Effectively coordinate and prioritise all pickups and deliveries on a daily basis using the approved vendors
- Handle all of the paperwork necessary to handle each shipment, including cross border documentation and waste carrier requirements
- Conduct routine follow ups to ensure all pick-ups and deliveries are carried out on time.
- Manage all freight real-time by coordinating with shipping vendors, shipper sites and delivery sites.
- Troubleshoot issues with the European Operation Manager and keep all team members informed as necessary.
- Update the relevant teams on a regular basis with load information including pick-up and delivery dates and times
- Track all freight shipments and file all load documentation
- Support the management of warehousing and fulfillment partners, including vendor management, checking in shipments, tracking and reporting
- Tracking and reporting for financial management
- Research and maintain a record of the necessary regulatory requirements for waste management in each market, covering all aspects of the supply chain (collection, storage, transport, etc)
- Carry out research for new vendors and support the on-boarding of partners
- Other operational and administrative tasks as required from time to time
- Fluent in both French and English with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Experience in managing logistics
- Experience with transport and waste legislation
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to speak an additional European language would be beneficial but not essential
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be beneficial but not essential
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
For inquiries, please send your CV, cover letter to Monika Tuur-Bordanov, European Operations Manager, TerraCycle Europe at [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top