Cross-Departmental Project Manager
TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer "non-recyclable" waste. In over 20 countries, we collect billions of pieces of waste, mostly made up of plastic packaging that is otherwise destined for landfill or incineration. By collecting coherent waste streams (millions of chip bags, millions of drink pouches, millions of toothbrushes, etc.), separated by waste stream, we are able to use third party facilities to recycle these waste streams into plastic pellets for use by third party manufacturers. The manufacturers provide the specifications they need for the recycled plastics to be used in their products, like plastic lumber or pallets.
Our collection business is largely funded by the major consumer brands of the world (Kraft Foods, Colgate-Palmolive, L'Oreal, PepsiCo, etc.), which pay us to operate post-consumer collection programs. These collection programs render the brand's previously non-recyclable packaging or products nationally recyclable. TerraCycle also works with the manufacturing facilities and packaging suppliers for these large brands to recycle their pre-consumer waste. This results in the collection of millions of pounds of post-industrial waste that TerraCycle can process and sell into one of its many product applications.
This job is based out of TerraCycle's global headquarters in Trenton, NJ. The Cross-Departmental Project Manager will be part of the Operations team working to support each line of business, Brand Partnerships, Zero Waste Box and Material Solutions. The successful candidate will be an excellent project manager with an eye toward business optimization. Other required qualities include outstanding communication and organizational skills, and a deep knowledge of logistics, supply chain, workflow and finance.
- Internal coordinator, providing executional support to each of the three major lines of business along with business optimization for the Operations team (which serves each of the three lines of business).
- Assist account managers and vendor managers across lines of business in managing operationally complex programs.
- Onboard and manage some third party vendors (sortation, storage and aggregation, and transportation vendors where needed).
- Identify and execute opportunities to streamline processes and increase efficiencies along the supply chain.
- Ability to train staff on newly developed optimization tasks (both administrative and physical when needed).
- Develop and implement systems and methods to achieve better operational control of project management, production and logistical needs.
- Implement a system to provide detailed and timely updates to key TerraCycle stakeholders related to a given project.
- Any additional responsibilities that spin out over time.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 4-5 years of project management, supply chain, and/or vendor management experience.
- Strong ability to asses order of priorities and juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong initiative and leadership.
- Ability to independently assess problems and develop action plans for solutions.
- Ability to adapt and work quickly.
- Highly organized, allowing nothing to slip through the cracks.
- Familiarity with detailed resources management plans and charts.
- Periodically handling phone calls with teams in foreign markets (i.e. China or Europe) outside of normal business hours.
- Periodically provide hands on support and training in a physical labor environment (i.e, warehouse or otherwise).
- Moderate travel required within the US and possibly to TerraCycle foreign markets.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous paid time off.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Company subsidized health and life insurance benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Liana Scobie at [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top