Business Development Manager – UK
TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes and candy wrappers to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfill or be incinerated. TerraCycle promotes a circular economy and a closed-loop approach to waste management.
Headquartered outside of NYC and operating in 21 countries (and growing), TerraCycle contracts with some of the top 100 consumer products companies (including P&G, L'Oreal, BIC, Henkel). TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business; it recently received significant notice by the famous business magazine Fortune: http://for.tn/2bA5IVC
In late 2009, TerraCycle began its European operations in the UK, beginning with two waste streams and has since grown to over 50 collection programmes across 12 European markets with over 100,000 consumer locations.
TerraCycle has recently partnered with Suez Environnement, one of the largest waste management companies in the world, to develop innovative and differentiating recycling solutions: http://bit.ly/2dDonSA
In this context, the company seeks to hire a Business Development Manager to support the growth of the European business with a core focus on the UK and a secondary focus on the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and the Business Development Manager UKwill report and work closely with the European Business Development Manager and join an existing team of 4 Business Development team members.
Our websites : www.terracycle.eu
TerraCycle Short Documentary: http://bit.ly/2fdxc6D
A video on one of our latest project with Procter & Gamble : https://youtu.be/0uTsQ7R3wcs
Tom Szaky (CEO and founder)'s talk: http://bit.ly/1kAxDDD
- Identify and contact potential brand partners who need waste solutions for their products, with a focus on TerraCycle's UK and DACH expansion strategy,
- Obtain contact information for key players at prospective businesses and initiate email and phone contact with people at target businesses,
- Create and pitch deal proposals,
- Update and maintain a database of TerraCycle's European deal progress and development,
- Support TerraCycle's European Business Development Manager with outreach, presentations and proposals,
- Very good understanding of the UK market and - ideally but not required - DACH markets, and suggest adaptions of the TerraCycle standard offering to better approach these markets
- Support Business Development projects linked to TerraCycle's partnership with Suez in the UK
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key team documents and information management strategies,
- Oversee Business Development associates
- Other duties as needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- English as native language – German fluency would be preferable but not required
- Relevant degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Business Development, Sales or the FMCG Industry required
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy team player
Salary range of £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
For inquiries, please send your CV and cover letter to Caroline Frery, Business Development Manager, TerraCycle Europe at [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top