Brand Partnerships - Business Development Associate
TerraCycle is a highly innovative social enterprise and the global leader in recycling traditionally non-recyclable waste, and is looking for a self-motivated, polished, and energetic Business Development Associate to join our Brand Partnerships team.
TerraCycle has received numerous national and international environmental, social, innovation and marketing awards over the years.
Our brand partnerships enable TerraCycle to collect and recycle products and packaging that typically can't be recycled. We work and develop sustainability marketing programs with some of the most recognizable brands in the world (P&G, L'Oreal, Colgate-Palmolive, Kraft Heinz, Nestle, and PepsiCo and many more) as well as dozens of independent companies (like Clif Bar, Gu Energy, Earthborn Holistic, and more).
The Business Development Associate will work closely with the marketing and sustainability departments in those companies to develop new business.
This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional sales opportunity with a global leader in the sustainability field. The position is based in Trenton, NJ.
The Business Development Associate will:
- Identify and secure new partnerships for TerraCycle
- Research and evaluate potential new partners
- Reach out to potential new partners via e-mail & phone follow-up
- Develop client specific presentations
- Present the TerraCycle program to potential new partners in conjunction with the local Brand Partnerships Sales team and North American Director of Sales
- Work with new partners on pricing and finalization of contracts
- Identify new, profit generating opportunities for TerraCycle
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong project management skills are essential
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint & Excel
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- 1-3 years of sales, marketing or sustainability experience
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry or experience with social enterprise preferred
- Experience negotiating and closing business opportunities
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K with company match and subsidized health benefits
- Generous paid time off
- International office exchange program available (TerraCycle has offices in Canada, Brazil, London, China, Tokyo, Sydney and Mexico with more opening soon)
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line "Business Development Associate" to [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top