Brand Partnerships - Account Director
TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes and candy wrappers to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfills or incinerated. Headquartered in New Jersey, and operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle's clients include scores of the world's largest consumer products companies.
TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business; it recently received significant notice by Fortune: http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/change-world-cusp-small-companies/.
About the role:
The Account Director is responsible for managing a portfolio of TerraCycle's recycling partnerships in North America. This includes primary responsibility for the renewal and expansion of existing programs, external deliverables, and internal processes. Responsibilities also include identifying sales opportunities within existing partnerships, managing program budgets, and providing guidance and management for 1-2 account managers who support the portfolio. The position is based in Trenton, NJ and reports to the Global VP of Brand Partnerships.
You will be a good candidate for this position if you:
- Are polished and intuitive
- Excel at project management and can comfortably manage numerous large projects simultaneously
- Are great at reading a room and have excellent presentation skills
- Know how to lead effective meetings, identify opportunities, and resolve potential challenges
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Have experience in the consumer packaged goods industry, have worked at a social enterprise, or have worked with recycling and sustainability programs
- Are highly proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Serving as primary contact for a portfolio of client partnerships
- Managing all aspects of external client relationships to ensure renewal and growth, including:
- Identifying and developing opportunities to drive business value for clients
- Ensuring client inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with key client stakeholders
- Identifying & resolving client concerns
- Provide clients with program & budget updates and proposals according to their internal budgeting and planning process
- Preparing and finalizing outstanding client-ready documents
- Reviewing and finalizing contracts for clients
- Managing internal and external billing and reporting processes
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Educational assistance and commuter tax benefit programs available.
- TerraCycle offers free taxi service from the Trenton train station for employees who commute via rail from Philadelphia and New York.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Meet Some of TerraCycle's Employees
Sales Associate, Brand Partnerships
Candice is responsible for securing brand partnerships with consumer packaged goods companies to create national collection and recycling platforms for their non-recyclable packaging.
Back to top