Position overview: The Summer Operations Intern is responsible for assisting the administration and daily operations of The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School with activities related to end-of-school-year projects and preparing the school for the next year. The Summer Operations Intern will be hands-on, learning and doing what it takes to run an excellent school by playing an instrumental role in TEP’s expansion and preparation, by working alongside the school’s Leadership and Operations team in anticipation for its new students.
Operations and Logistics
- Complete student enrollment and related paperwork
- Communicate effectively in outreach to TEP’s families
- Organize end-of-year (ex. graduation, field day) and orientation events
- Order and distribute student uniforms
- File, update and organize records, maintain databases, and conduct basic research tasks
Financial duties and Human Resources
- Work with the Director of Finance and Operations and the Business Manager in audit preparation and end-of-year reports
- Research potential vendors, place orders and manage meticulous records
- Assist with onboarding paperwork and orientation of new staff
- Ensure proper setup of the facilities for the next school year, including technology setup, furniture and supplies delivery, and ongoing repair
- Work alongside teachers in classroom setup
- Minimum of two years of undergraduate program complete
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent time management and operational skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to incorporate feedback
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred
Duration: Internship opportunities are available to begin as early as possible as of May 1st, 2018, with end dates of September 30th and October 31st, 2018. Start-date and end-date are flexible.
Compensation and benefits: Operations Interns are paid $17 per hour.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a separate document which includes the answers to the questions below in the form below. Only applications with all three components will be considered.
- Give an example of a time you were in a position of leadership. What were your greatest strengths and weaknesses in that role?
- What type of work environment do you thrive in most? Why?
- Describe a situation in which you had difficulty with a supervisor, co-worker, or peer. How did you navigate the situation?
- Every year the school administers an optional survey to its parent body. The survey solicits feedback on the school environment and success from parents’ perspective. The school has struggled for the past few years of a low participation rate of around 70% - but we aim for 100% participation rate. Come up with two ways we might be able to solve this problem and boost the participation rate.
- Please indicate the tentative dates that you are available for the internship.
Deadlines and notifications: TEP is currently accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. Applicants who will be invited to continue in the process will hear from TEP within four weeks of application submission.
Back to top